1. Taipei City and New Taipei City have been elevated to the 3rd Level Epidemic Alert by the Central Epidemic Command Center from May 15, 2021 to May 28, 2021. Staff members from each teaching and administrative unit are divided into two groups, alternating remote working from home beginning May 17, 2021. First level and second level administrators are still to report to campus for work.
2. Each unit should follow their own schedule to come to MCU for work by group, each group needs to work in university offices for 5 days as a period (One group works at MCU while the other group works remotely from home, taking turns by week.). Group A members from each unit work on campus from May 17 to May 21, 2021. Group B members from each unit work on campus from May 24 to May 28, 2021. Staff are to sanitize their office everyday when they get on and get off work; please stay in your own office as much as possible to reduce cluster infection. Please avoid traveling between campus locations; work from the same campus office as much as possible.
3. Aside from the arrangements related to remote working, administrators of each unit also need to plan for maintaining core unit affairs smoothly should their unit encounter the situation where all staff members cannot come to the university office for work.
4. Related notifices on remote work from home for staff members:
(1) Staff members need to follow the university’s original designated time to clock in and out of duty (3 times a day). For online clocking in/out, please refer to “Staff and Faculty System/Faculty Attendance System/Remote Work” and clock in/out according to the original designated time. (More details can be found in attachment 1).
(2) Remote working (from home) is considered as formal working time; staff members need to handle their responsible affairs as usual, answer the phone exclusively for work during the original working time (If staff members don’t have a phone exclusively for work, they need to provide direct contact information to those staff members working in their university office), and do not delay any working schedule.
(3) If staff members cannot work during the period of remote working from home for personal reasons, they should take leave and their duty will be handled by their duty agent.
(4) Staff members working remotely need to keep in touch with other staff members at the university, and their unit administrator, during their remote working period. They are to actively keep their unit administrator informed about the execution of affairs they are responsible for. They also need to fill in a daily work log (attachment 2), and send the log to their unit administrator before going off duty every day. This file needs to be saved by the unit contact person, and all the daily work logs are to be uploaded to Human Resource Division Moodle when that individual is back to working in the university office.
(5) Staff members working remotely need to be aware of the security of official classified data to prevent personal information breaches.
5. To comply with remote teaching of the university, the period of remote work is from May 17, 2021 to May 30, 2021. When that period ends, the university will follow the latest information from Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) and announce to each unit whether or not the university will continue remote working from home.
MCU Epidemic Prevention Emergency Response Team
May 16, 2021